Heat transfer technology is a perfect way to have fun and still making money by printing things such as t-shirts, hats, mugs, and plates. Heat transfer crafts are made by printing an image or pattern on heat transfer paper, which is a special form of paper. After that, a heat press system is used to apply pressure at the appropriate temperature and press the pattern into the intended shirt or mug.
The most productive approach for producing high-quality custom T-shirts and garments is to use heat transfer paper. It is difficult to find the right printable heat transfer paper, particularly if you are new to the heat transfer industry.
However, we have prepared some useful information which include the 7 best heat transfer papers you can find together with their merits and demerits.
Let’s get started.
Top Picks : 5 Best Printable Heat Transfer Paper
7 Best Printable Heat Transfer Paper Reviews
1. PPD Inkjet PREMIUM Iron-On Dark T Shirt Transfers Paper
If you want to get into the t-shirt printing industry and are searching for the right t-shirt transfer paper for Dark T-shirts, this PPD inkjet transfer paper helps you to print personalized images, texts, letters, artwork, and patterns onto a number of things like t-shirts, pillows, flags, banners, and many more.
But why PPD Dark Transfer Paper,
Not only is this transfer paper stretchable but also highly durable. It works well with both Iron and Heat Press. Unlike other Transfer papers, this can suit any color fabric such as cotton, Linen, and other fabrics that can be iron or pressed at maximum temperature.
- Suite Many Textile- Created with advanced and innovative technology, this T-shirt printing paper is able to work with different types of fabrics such as cotton, poly cotton, aprons, pillow cases and many more.
- Can be used with both IRON or Heat Press- If you want to transfer images to t-shirts, text to jerseys using a domestic iron or Heat Press, then this paper is perfect for you. Interestingly you can cut this paper with scissors without having to use cutting machines.
- Professional quality – The ability to bond with the fabric and stretch without peeling off determines how quality a printing paper is. This High quality transfer paper is nothing short of the best because it is uniquely made to be crack-free. soft, flexible and fully washable machine.
- Compatible with all inkjet printers- If you have an inkjet printer, then this is more than enough to get started. You do not have to buy any other ink, because you can simply use the regular printer ink.
- It is compatible with all inkjet printers.
- You can use it with regular ink.
- It can be cut with both a cutting machine or scissors.
- Supports Iron and press Transfer.
- Great for kid’s craft, family reunions, birthdays and anniversaries.
- It is extremely thin.
- Curls quite easily.
- It does not hold the color
2. NuFun Activities Inkjet Printable Iron-On Heat Transfer Paper
If you’re looking for a different transfer paper for dark cloth, this is the one to use. It is perfectly designed to assist you in beginning to create projects for yourself and your mates. This creates only happy results and prints that are incredibly durable and can last for a long time.
Additionally, printers such as EPSON, HP, LexMark, Brother, and Canon can be used in conjunction with their standard printer ink. When it comes to transferring, you can quickly do so with a standard iron or a heat press. As a result, you can easily personalize T-shirts, face masks, bags, caps, aprons, and pretty much everything else made of cotton.
- High quality – This iron on transfer paper is made with professional grade to help you come up with quality designs if you are running a T-shirt printing business.
- Compatible with inkjet printers – You do not need an extra printer you already have CANON, LexMark or any inkjet printer. It can work well with all inkjet printers and more importantly you can print with normal ink unlike other transfer papers which need sublimation ink.
- Easy to use – Designed for dark fabrics, printing and cutting this paper is nothing but a breeze, with just a scissor you are good to go with cutting your designs.
- Great for personalizing sports, schoos, businesses and events T-shirts.
- Works with both laser and inkjet printers.
- Easy to use.
- Top quality transfer paper.
- Works with both heat press and Iron
- When washed, the ink may start to crack or peel off.
3. TransOurDream Tru-Iron on Heat Transfer Paper for Dark Fabric
If you want to maximize transfer efficiency? This bright and lively easy-to-cut paper is ideal. Cotton fabrics, canvas, lycra, elastic, mesh, chemical fiber, and nylon fabrics can all be printed quickly and with long-lasting results since they were made to be stretchable and non-breakable
If you are new to T-shirt printing, this could be a nice alternative because it is convenient to use, easy to cut, and fairly priced. Aside from working with normal ink, you can even use sublimation ink. When pressing on these colors, make sure the temperature is not too hot, as this can allow the color to turn white to grey.
- Easy to Use – For beginners, this paper offers you an opportunity to get up and running even if you don’t have enough knowledge in the T-shirt printing industry. You can easily cut with scissors or a die cutting machine.
- Quality Transfers- Created with advanced technology and unique formula, this paper gives you soft, vibrant and durable transfers. That way there will be no peeling, cracking, and fading even after.
- Wide applications – It enables you to transfer text, images, photos and pictures into dark T-shirts, totes, canvas bags, aprons, flags and banners. With this, you can make DIY gifts to your friends or family.
- It can print a wide variety of fabrics.
- Easy to use.
- High quality transfer paper.
- No-peeling and cracking.
- Easy to cut.
- Great Price.
- It does not stick when pressed with Iron.
4. PPD Inkjet PREMIUM Iron-On White and Light Colored T Shirt Transfers Paper
If you choose to print personalized images, designs, artwork, and texts on T-shirts, tablecloths, flags, and banners on white and/or light fabrics, this transparent background transfer paper binds with the fabric, leaving it soft, stretchable, and completely washable.
Compatible with any brand of inkjet printer you can be able to use it with any standard omls whether dye based or pigmented. In addition, you can easily do pressing either with iron or commercially using a professional heat press machine. It works perfectly on white and light cotton fabrics. That way, you can be not only in customizing t-shirts but also in kid’s crafts, brand recognition and home decoration
- Use Normal ink- Since it is designed to work with the regular inkjet printer such as Epson and others, you can comfortably use your normal ink and you will still get amazing designs.
- Professional Quality – If you are doing a commercial T-shirt printing business, then this paper will help keep your customers keep coming. The quality of transfers you get is 100% satisfactory to you and your clients.
- Easy to cut – Interestingly, this paper will save a lot of money you could have used to buy an additional cutting machine. You do need that, with only a pair of scissors you can cut your paper gently and prepare it for printing.
- It is a very vibrant heat transfer paper.
- Can be used with a variety of fabrics.
- Top professional quality.
- Easy to use.
- Truly compatible with inkjet printers.
- Better alternative to screen printing.
- It does peels off after a couple of washes.
5. Avery Printable Heat Transfer Paper for Dark Fabrics
Avery is the perfect iron on transfer paper for beginners with a passion for T-shirt printing since it comes with personalized templates to help you get started with designs of your creations. This helps you to print dark dyed fabrics that are 100% cotton or any poly cotton mix fabrics. Furthermore, you can move the specification in a matter of minutes using a household iron and heat press machine.
Not only will you be able to print custom or branded T-shirts but also hats, bags, pillowcases and many more. To make your designs quality and last longer, it is made with fade-resistant color which ensures that it does not crack or peel off when washed.
- Wide Applications – This transfer paper gives you the luxury ro great and customize face masks, t-shirts, aprons, pillowcases, hats and many more.
- Perfect for black fabrics- If you have given up on other brands of transfer papers that do not provide high quality designs when it comes to dark cotton fabrics, then this comes to your rescue. With it you can print images, photos and text to any black cotton fabric.
- Easy to use – With just an inkjet printer and regular ink, you can print and cut the iron on transfer paper using a pair of scissors or a compatible cutting machine.
- Can be cut with scissors or a cutting machine.
- It is stretchable.
- Machine washable.
- It is fade resistant.
- Perfect for dark colored fabrics.
- Compatible with all inkjet printers.
- Color might start fading after a few washes.
6. Printworks Dark T-Shirt Transfers for Inkjet Printers.
If you want to find the right inkjet transfer paper that can be used on both dark and light fabrics? This one has the job done. It improves the color of your image, as opposed to other brands, which give it a gray look. It is a good heat transfer paper with bright colors and clear edges.
While it cannot be used with a laser printer, it can be used with any kind of inkjet printer and standard printer ink. It is the fastest printer to use; you will be done with your conversion process from start to finish in less than 10 minutes. As a result, you will make fantastic T-shirts, sportswear, and caps.
- Perfect for Dark fabric- Since it is created for but not limited to dark fabrics, it is ideal for halloween costumes and crafts.
- Easy to use- If you are a beginner and you want to just get started quickly with t-shirt printing business, then this is for you.
- Top quality- created to be fade resistant, this iron on photo paper produces quality images that are long lasting when transferred to t-shirts.
- Assured quality.
- It is affordable.
- It is easy to transfer.
- Can be used in both dark and light fabrics.
- Sometimes the color white does not stay white when printed on fabric, it turns gray.
7. Avery Printable Heat Transfer Paper for Light Fabrics.
If you like Avery products and want the right t-shirt conversion paper, this is a great option for printing on light shirts. You will get predesigned templates to help you get started fast with free and easy-to-use templates. Despite the fact that it is designed for use of light cotton fabrics, it is available in both light and dark colors. The reason it is great for starters is the fact that it is compatible with all the inkjet printers. Besides, you can transfer using normal Iron or commercially with a heat press.
The color shield formula that is made with it makes it stay bright even after being washed. Most importantly, it guarantees you quality results with professional and fashionable looking T-shirts, hats and aprons.
- Professional transfers – This paper gives you the ability to print t-shirts, aprons, pillowcases, bags and face masks and more.
- Last long- Made to be fade resistant, your transfers will not exhibit cracks and color fading after a couple of washes.
- Free Templates – For beginners who are new to design and want to get started easily, Avery brands provides for them free predesigned templates which can be customized and printed.
- Compatible with inkjet printers.
- No cracking
- Free templates and designs
- It is affordable.
- Quality results.
- Sometimes the designs from the transfer start peeling ,cracking and tearing apart.
Buying Guide For Printable Heat Transfer Paper
It is difficult to find the right heat transfer paper that yields high-quality results. Picking the incorrect and horrible transfer paper is terrible for beginners or people who have no idea what transfer paper is.
Below, we have outlined the key factors you have to consider in order to choose a perfect choice for yourself.
One of the things you must consider when purchasing a heat transfer paper is the color of the fabric you want to personalize,
As you might have seen in our review above, it is clear that there is a difference between the papers used with light and dark fabrics.
For instance, if you want to personalize a white t-shirt, you have to find a paper that is labelled for use with light colored fabrics.
The reason you have to be keen on the color is that wrong choice of paper leads to unappealing results.
Type of Printer
Another important factor to note is the type of printer you use. There are basically three main types of printers used for heat transfer e.g. inkjet, sublimation, and laser printers
You may have seen from the preceding analysis that inkjet printers are the most popular, as many heat transfer papers are designed to be compatible with any type of inkjet printer. Furthermore, they are inexpensive, and their prototypes are nothing short of outstanding. So, before purchasing the right heat transfer paper, make sure that it is compatible with the printer that you use.
The concern here is whether the paper is fade immune. A heat transfer paper is called resilient if the patterns transferred to fabrics such as t-shirts retain their adhesion even after many washes.
A perfect paper therefore should be able to hold up to multiple washes without showing any indication of peeling, cracking, or fading.
Some features that enhance the durability of transfer paper include color vibrancy, hand feel, and elasticity.
Size of Papers
Do you need to double-check the document size? True. Know that transfer papers come in a range of sizes, and size does matter depending on what you want to use them for. If you wish to deal with larger designs and photographs, for example, larger transfer pages are recommended. This will help you stop the hack if you need to print several times to accommodate bigger designs.
How to Cut Heat Transfer Paper with Silhouette Cameo?
If you are still new to Silhouette CAMEO you might get overwhelmed trying to cut your first heat transfer paper.
Before you get started with Silhouette Cameo, You need the following:
- A silhouette cutting machine.
- Heat transfer paper.
How to Set Up the Cut Settings for Silhouette CAMEO
Before sending your designs to your machines , you will need to set up cut settings as follows:
- Open the cut settings by using icon in the top menu or or a dropdown menu in the header section and chose “cut settings”
- Set up a cut style for the selected shape .
- Select the type of material or media that you will be cutting.
- Now you can Test the cut to make sure everything is okay
For you to cut heat transfer vinyl you need to follow the following steps:
- Load your design into your Silhouette studio software.
- Click graphics and the replicated icon on the toolbar at the top, and choose Mirror Right or Mirror Left.
- Once you are ready to cut,load heat transfer paper into the Silhouette
- Set the width of the rollers to accommodate the paper.
- Select “Load Media” on the screen of the silhouette CAMEO and push the enter button to load the material and you are done.
Having done that and followed the steps correctly, you probably have your first design already cut and ready to be printed. Even though it looks like a lot of steps , you will be surprised how easy it is to do.
Printable Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) vs. Heat Transfer Paper
What is the distinction between Printable Heat Transfer Vinyl and Heat Transfer Paper? Allow me to explain.
The main distinction is that for heat transfer, you print on paper and then use a heat press to press it onto the right garment. On the other hand, for printable vinyl, you first print on the vinyl before heat pressing it onto the garment. Unlike heat transfer material, heat press vinyl is cut with a cutter and then weeded before pressing it on the garment.
Printable HTV cannot be used with a standard desktop printer, such as a laser or inkjet printer. To print on it, you’ll need a printer that uses Solvent, Eco-solvent, or Latex inks. Since they are larger than a desktop inkjet or laser printer, these printers are known as medium format printers. The initial cost needed in order to get started is significantly high compared to heat transfer. It is however a great way to add variety especially when you are running a business.
On the contrary, Heat transfer Paper is specifically designed to perfectly work with any inkjet or laser printer. Common brands that can work with this paper include Samsung, Canon, Brother, Epson and Oki. They come in smaller size packs that are made for standard desktop printers. In addition, using Heat transfer paper is a great way to print your custom heat transfers. It can be used with cotton, polyester, and blends fabrics.
So which is best?
Printable vinyl is much better than paper. This is because you can use it on cotton, polyester or pretty much anything.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I use an HTV printable?
To use this printer, first set the paper type on your printer to “Normal paper”, set the resolution to normal, feed single sheets into your printer, print the image and allow it to dry for about 5 minutes before transferring.
How do you print and cut on heat transfer paper?
To do so, you must first create a new project or launch an existing one. Following the picture form and preview, Load the printer and make sure the cutting system is turned on before selecting Print page and printing. You can simply cut the shapes you like with a scissor, or you can use a cricut to cut them. Finally, weed the pattern to clear any excess scrap before pressing it to your cloth.
Can you use a regular printer to print on transfer paper?
Absolutely yes, transfer papers are designed to allow you print images, text and pictures on most fabrics using normal inkjet printers and regular ink.
How do you use heat transfer paper?
To use transfer paper, first print the designs on standard inkjet paper. Then, using scissors or a suitable knife, cut out the designs to the desired form and press it to the cloth using an iron or heat press.
Heat transfer papers are an excellent way to decorate and personalize your clothes. As compared to screen printing, it is the most cost-effective alternative. Furthermore, it is very simple to use for both beginners and experts.
Having gone through the basics of what you need to know before buying a heat transfer paper, there is not doubt that you can potentially pick what will be the best for you.
Finally, the best heat transfers outlined above are a great starting point for you to look at and pick the best that will help you create impressive and long lasting designs.