A Heat Press Machine is an important part of any T-shirt printing business and without a suitable machine; your business will continue to struggle to put out high-quality products. Relying on reputable Heat printing machine will put you a step closer to acquiring you good t shirts for your business.
You certainly cannot afford to gamble away your clothing business on low-quality recommendations that will only rob and frustrate you. Ready for the top selections from our Best Heat Press Reviews?
Top Picks : 5 Best Heat Press Machine
Here are 16 Top Rated Best Heat Press Machine Review:
1. PowerPress Industrial Quality Digital Sublimation
- List Eleme Temperature and time controls that are digitally displayed on its LCD control boarding
- Thick aluminum heating plate that allows an even and stable temperature
- Fuse that can be replaced to protect the heating press from electrical shorts and to overheat
- An audible signal that beeps when the transfer is completed
- A silicone pad that is capable of enduring a maximum temperature of 350 degrees without warping
- Integrated electric controls that are easy to adjust and maintain.
Our review begins with this versatile machine which also saves on space. Measuring 15-by-15-inch, this high-performance digital printer is an upgrade from the older model. This recommended best T-shirt press includes Teflon coating on its heat platen so you don’t need to worry about burning your fabrics.
It is attractive too. This easy to use sublimation machine opens upward so you can use it in small spaces. You can use this sublimation machine to transfer almost anything on any surface.
It is great for transferring numbers, letters, and images on garments, t-shirts, mouse pads, bags, jigsaw puzzles, ID badges, ceramic tiles, and other items. Check out some of the highlighted features you can enjoy with this best sublimation printer for vinyl.
2. Fancierstudio Power Industrial Quality Digital Sublimation Printer
- Brand new Teflon coated heat platen
- Use with 110 Voltage outlets and has a power capacity of 1800 Watts
- Accurate time settings with electronic time and heat control
- Board that is silicon gel based
- Includes a free Teflon sheet
An upgrade from previous models, this Fancierstudio Power Press industrial Quality Digital sublimation T-Shirt machine is sure to please you. Measuring 15-by-15-inch, this high-quality sublimation machine comes with silicon Gel base that you can easily adjust any way you want.
The Fancierstudio DG Digital Sublimation is best for small business. Operators open upward so you can use it in limited spaces. You can use this versatile machine for transferring images, numbers, and letters on almost any surface and material including bags, ID badges, ceramic tiles, fabrics, and of course T-shirts. It’s so easy to operate, just pull the handle down until you hear it click and that’s it! You’re right to go.
3. F2C Pro 5 in 1 Swing-Away Digital Transfer Sublimation
- Large enough surface (12 by 15 inches) that allows for custom T-shirt design transfers
- LED time and temperature controller
- Swing-away design that allows a complete 360-degree rotation
- Digital LED Controller to to assist during your work
Are you looking for an affordable heat transfer unit that excellently works for commercial and personal purposes? Then F2C Sublimation Heat Presser is a must-have machine. This five-in-one unit ideally imprints different material types and works on every flat surface. It helps in projects including t-shirts, metal, hats, mugs, and ceramic. It is substantially large, thanks to its design, so it will take a small space in the designated place. It is better if you have a permanent area for using it.
Its plate measures 12 inches by 15-inches that not only ensures even heat distribution but also is large enough for any project. The height of this entire worktable is adjustable to something comfortable to you. Its pressure control knob prevents burns on you or damage to the projects. The price is ideal for learners on a budget and delivers premium work quality.
When heated up, after 10 minutes, you can control the temperature to the degree needed. With a range from 32 to 430 degrees Fahrenheit, you will print your fabrics and items without worry.
OK, you are more inclined toward an all in one sublimation system that can handle a number of tasks. The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Digital Transfer Sublimation Machine fits the bill. With this multi-purpose unit, you can work with ceramics, textiles, glass, and other materials
You’ll also be able to transfer images and other graphics onto mugs, coasters, jigsaw puzzles, mouse pads, ceramic tiles and plates, and, most naturally, to T-shirts. It’s a swing away model that comes with the attachments needed to make transfers on surfaces that are not flat. Controls and components in the best multifunction machine are convenient and easy to use. These include a pressure adjustment knob that is full range, a silicone pad and a cotton pad you can remove.
This machine is also built with safety in mind. A built-in fuse that allows safe use, an audible alarm, and a comfortable rubber grip handle are among its user-friendly features. You won’t be disappointed with these highlighted features.
- All-inclusive features included.
- Evenly distributes heat
- Works perfectly on different materials.
- Faulty and misaligned parts
- No usage instruction
- Stops sometimes amid a project
4. F2C Pro 6 in 1 Combo Digital Sublimation Machine
- Capable of temperatures between 32 -430 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 – 250 degrees Celsius
- Uses US standard power voltage (110v) and has a power capacity of 1000 Watts
- Time can be set between 0 - 999 seconds
- Equipped with an upgraded aluminum alloy cradle
- The heating board is 4/5
Your choice of digital sublimation machine includes this six in one offer – the F2C Pro 6 in 1 Combo Machine. This popular machine allows more versatility where working with different materials is concerned. You can interchange the heat platens and other components of this machine to get your job done.
Easily transfer sublimating and dissolved printing ink onto any material such as glass, ceramics, and fabric. If you are in your own T-shirt business, this is a great asset. This best sublimation printer machine for small business users is easy to set up and use. You can set the temperature and timer quickly, and the pressure is adjustable.
You don’t have to worry about uneven temperature from this product, as it keeps its temperature settings well. You might need to check whether the demand on your circuit breaker is too much. If necessary, you might need to upgrade your power supply. Take a look at these highlighted features.
5. F2C 15″ x 15″ Black Digital Clamshell T-shirt Sublimation Machine
- Power capacity of 1200 Watts using standard 110 voltage
- Temperature ranges between 0-200 degrees Celsius or 0-400 degrees Fahrenheit
- The silicone pad will not warp in temperatures up to a maximum of 250 degrees Celsius
- Easy to set its parameters and adjust its pressure
- Durable heat transfer machine for long-term use
- Its automatic countdown and alarm signal when your transfer is complete.
The first thing you’ll notice about this clamshell digital sublimation machine is that it is sturdy and not lightweight. You can easily see why this F2C 15 by 15-inch Digital Clamshell sublimation is the best T-shirt press for transferring numbers, letters, and images fabrics and other material. The only restriction is that the surfaces must be flat.
You can produce gift items, ads, and other outputs for family and friends as well as for clients. You can also adjust the digital timer control up to an incredible 9999 seconds. This has a digital temperature gauge that has the capability of between 0 – 200°C (or to 430°F). You can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius whenever you like by pressing the set button for a few seconds.
You don’t have to buy a separate Teflon sheet because the top platen already has this installed around it. On top of that, you can set your temperature and the timer settings very easily and expect accurate heat every time. The handle grip is comfortably cushy and the thick silicone pad that comes with this machine is moveable. Here are some more of the F2C machine’s most prominent features.
6. ePhotoInc 15 x 15″ T-Shirt Sublimation
- Provides an even and flat heating area of 15 by 15 inches (or 38 x 38 cm)
- It is made with a steel frame
- The pressure is fully adjustable
- The temperature ranges from 0 – 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- You can choose either 110 and 120-volt options
This new ePhoto Heat Press Machine is certainly the best value for money for small printing businesses. Its excellent reviews come as a result of its compact design. The model exactly measures 12 inches by 9 inches. The size thankfully does not affect its effective working on a range of surfaces. From garments, mouse mats, ceramic tiles, T-shirts, to bags, and even much more, you can now easily design your print.
This machine has a range of temperatures going up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, time control is included to allow adjustment to 999 seconds. The settings are digital so the machine will operate accurately on the specific material.
The incorporated LCD screen makes it easy to select and view the readings. What is more, this unit has a clear alarm to alert when the time is finished. This prevents overexposure to heat that affects the quality of print on the product. Because of its swing-away design, it provides more precision as you can see the whole work surface.
Moreover, this model guarantees that the work is not directly below the heating plate. So, your hands are not hurt because of the high temperatures.
Maybe this ePhotoInc 15 by 15-inch press is more suitable for your business or personal hobbies. In that case, you won’t be distressed with the upward opening and compact model that you can use even in small spaces.
Indeed, this machine may very well be the only thing you need to transfer graphics and lettering to your T-shirts and other surfaces. This best sublimation printing machine for beginners is versatile enough for different materials including fabrics and ceramic. It is delivered with certain preset settings, so you don’t have to do any adjustments. It heats up quickly and the transfers done with this machine are long-lasting.
A Teflon sheet is provided with this product, so you don’t need to buy a separate one. See some other features you need to check out.
- All-inclusive control
- Interested precision
- Comes wholly assembled
- Imprints on a range of items
- Smells very bad after the first heating period.
- Some part arrives warped.
- Ruins materials.
7. Super Deal Digital Swing Away 12″ X 10″ Clamshell Heat Transfer Machine
- The power capacity is 600 Watts and the voltage used is 110V / 60 Hz
- The timer, which is digital, can be set between 0 - 999 seconds
- Temperature capacity is between 0 – 399 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 – 200 degrees Celsius
- This is a durable industrial strength machine that can be used long-term.
- Has a built-in Teflon coated 12
Another of the best heat press machine options you could try is the Super Deal Digital Swing Away 12-inch by 10-inch Heat Press. It is ideal for transferring photos and other images as well as lettering to fiber, cotton, ceramic, metal, glass and other materials. You can produce promotional advertisements, gift items, and different outputs using this versatile machine.
In addition to the T-shirt, this machine can apply transfers to bags, garments, mouse pads, ceramic tiles, jigsaw puzzles, and other surfaces that are flat. You can rotate the swing-away upper heat platen by 360 degrees which makes it easy for you to operate unrestricted with your T-shirts and other items – without burning yourself.
Also, unlike other clamshell machines, this machine applies to heat transfer pressure directly from above. This means an even heat contact with the base surface. You can easily operate the handle manually to open and shut the machine and adjust the pressure using the knob on the back. Check out these other highlighted features which you might like.
8. ZENY Digital 12″x10″ Swing Away Sublimation Machine
- Temperature on this unit goes from 0 to 200 degrees Celsius or up to 399 degrees Fahrenheit
- Equipped with a digital LCD temperature control
- Its LCD time control can be adjusted between 0 to 999 seconds.
- It also allows an audible alarm to signal when the transfer is completed
- The upper platen rotates 360 degrees to make it safe to work with your materials.
The best sublimation printer for T-shirt printing may very well be the Zeny Digital 12″ x 10″ Swing Away Sublimation Machine. The swing away design improves on the clamshell model as you can apply pressure straight down and more evenly for better quality transfers.
It is ideal for heat transfers on T-shirts, although you can also use this machine on other materials like glass, ceramic, wood and metal. The swing away design also allows you to work quite unrestricted in your space and at the same time avoid burning yourself in the process. Produce awesome heat transfers on tote bags, mouse pads, ceramic tiles, fabrics and other fun items. Also, You can use these products as gift items for your family and friends as well as to promote your business.
You would need to assemble the plastic foot to keep the machine steady. Read the instruction manual entirely and carefully. You may find these highlighted features useful as well.
9. ZENY Digital 15-by-15-Inch Sublimation T-Shirt Machine Review
- It has an audio alarm that signals when a transfer is completed
- The silicone pad does not distort under temperatures up to 250º C
- Transfer parameters are easy to set
- The heating plate opens to 70 degrees making this machine convenient to operate
- It is safe to operate because of the protection of its dual electrical system.
Another great option from Zeny is its digital 15 by 15-inch sublimation machine. It is quite an efficient machine which comes with a coated heat plate that makes it fun and easy to press your designs on any flat surface.
You’ll find this machine quite easy to set up and use. The digital time and temperature controls are also easy to use, and the pressure is also easy to adjust. Heat distribution is even and stable, so you won’t need to worry about the quality of your heat transfers.
The results from this best heat press machine for vinyl are professional quality and long-lasting. Just ensure that your temperature settings are the right ones for the vinyl you are pressing.
10. Promo Heat 15 careful. x 15 in. Sublimation
- Timer control is digital LCD - Set the time you need, and an alarm will sound at the end of your transfer
- Temperature control is also digital LCD - Set the temperature you need (in Degrees F), heating ends as the preset temperature is reached
- Pressure-adjustment knob that is full range – This control is also easy to reach and you can adjust pressure to match the material you're working with
- Ergonomic handle with foam grip – Reduces the tendency for the handle to twist whenever you open or close the machine, comfortable to use
- Heating elements are Teflon-coated - This feature sets this machine apart from other heat presses that use exposed metal heating surfaces.
Our final pick is the Promo Heat 15″ x 15″ Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine. This clamshell model is versatile and with its large heating area, offers greater flexibility in the types of materials you can use.
Any item with a flat surface can be used on this machine including metal, fabric, ceramic, wood, and glass. You don’t have many restrictions on the type of items you can produce using this effective machine. Mouse pads, license plates, tote bags, and of course the T-shirt are ideal for this machine. The Promo’s machine is effortless to operate because it arrives completely assembled.
You’ll appreciate its weight, which is heavy enough to provide stability whenever you use it. It also comes with a Teflon sheet which you can use in your heat transfers.
11. ePhotoInc EPH15BLK Digital T-Shirt Press Machine
- Ready to use
- Space-saving design
- Very durable
- Highly versatile
- Lacks detail instructions
- Teflon sheet not included
- No extended warranty
Anyone looking to upgrade from using iron, or to the best heat press machine, will find a better life with this ePhotoInc model. One of the features that make it win is the fact that it arrives fully assembled. So, it will not be worrying trying to find ways of putting together machines parts. Get to work immediately it comes.
Buying a machine that takes up most of the available space is not worth it. Thankfully, this model is conveniently designed with a clamshell which is space-saving. So, if you have limited space and you need to print large garments, it is a nice choice.
This machine is heavy-duty and easily fits the money-value tag. The heat press is classified as commercial-grade thanks to its well-made and robust nature. Designed with an elongated width you can comfortably work on adult t-shirts or hoodies. Besides, it prints well on other garments and items too including wood, mousepads, license plates, ceramics, glass, and metal.
This model allows you to easily modify the pressure, time and temperature precisely. Thanks to the settings on the LCD control you will excellently transfer the job on the garment. This is a smooth feature that is hard to find from the traditional ways of heat pressing.
12. Mophorn T Shirt Press Machine
- Safe for use
- Already assembled
- No clear instructions
- Some parts could be missing
There is certainly no superior way of explaining the expressions of exceptional heat press machine worth the price tag than to check what this Mophorn 5 in 1 Heat Press entails. Honestly, you will spend less on this unit and get mind-blowing quality and end results from it. It is well-built using thick fabricated steel, expertly connected and extremely easy to use. Printing many T-shirts with this model will not give you an unplanned workout.
Its 15×15 inches working surface makes it the best for use at home. Packed with a huge range of effective heating coils it facilitates uniformity on the whole surface. Besides, it has a Teflon coating that makes it non-sticky and protects the transfer papers from damages.
This heat press has a swing-away design that allows you to rotate the platen above at 360 degrees. That means you can move its heating element away and minimize the chances of touching the heat spreading area. Therefore, the entire working time is safe and free from accidents.
This machine utilizes the nonstop top-to-bottom method to facilitate uniform contact to the surface below. It has temperature ranges that go to a maximum of 446F and adjustable time control from 0 – 999s.
13. VEVOR Screen Printing Machine
- Comes pre-assembled
- Incredibly fast
- Durable and sturdy enough
- Illegible instructions
- Not waterproof
- Misalignment of parts
One machine choice that ideally handles any project size is the VEVOR screen-printer. These manufacturers have a reputable name thanks to the reliable and trustworthy product line. Made using exceptionally high-quality materials this unit guarantees a long time of service. It is designed with a spring-style to allow the users to vertically adjust the printer without any issues.
Intended for commercial use, this machine is constructed wholly using metal. The choice material means it is dense, long-lasting and sturdy. It is massive measuring 31by24by20 inches, a 22by18 inches platen, and nearly 100 pounds weight. This enables it to work best on different materials including metal, glass, plastic, fabric, paper, leather, ceramic, books, among others. of course, it works on any flat enough item that can be pressed.
It has brass bushings plus a rotating base to enable you to move its four stations freely. Thus, this workhorse limits the necessity to oil or even deal with maintenance. It is a multi-functional unit with both a tabletop and combinatorial. This design makes it space-saving with little effort and time put during use. Even better, it excellently and easily prints at a speed of 40 – 50 shirts hourly.
14. VEVOR 8 in 1 Multifunction Sublimation
- Very versatile
- Large enough worktable.
- High-quality build
- Takes some time to understand most uses
- May arrive with defects
- Fuses need constant replacement
One best solution to create your designs through heat pressing is to buy this Vevor Multifunction machine. Often known as all in one unit, it is powerful enough to handle high-volume projects. Why? It transfers heat to different items safely and especially vinyl material.
Like most brands, a flat platen is included on it to transfer numbers and images on clothes, mugs, mousepads, and plates. Its curve press makes it highly versatile and the best choice if you need variety. It delivers well for the eight expected uses whether its hobby tasks or commercial ones.
It comes equipped with adequate attachments. This enables it to print gorgeous designs on fabrics, ceramic tiles, plus a bunch of items. Its plate is Teflon-coated to reduce potential ruin on materials and enhance easy and uniform heat transfer.
The 6 by 3 inches workspace makes this unit ideal for creating different imprints. It comes with a swing-away design that makes its heating element utterly outstanding. Additionally, its pressure and temperature adjustment knob come in a full range. So, you easily work with various thicknesses of fabrics and other items.
15. Cricut Easy Press 2 – Heat Press Machine
- It creates fast and lasting prints.
- Suitable for large projects.
- Easy to use
- Very portable.
- Temperatures jump and drop at times
- Screen fails
If you looking to print logos and designs on blankets, banners, sweatshirts, and other large-sized materials, then Cricut Easy Press 2 – Heat Press Machine is the ideal unit for you. Equipped with the suitability of using the traditional iron it also works fast in transferring heat.
With measurements of 12 x 10 inches, you will no longer turn down projects that need large prints. What is more, you also have the chance to work on smaller items including baby clothes. This size translates to lightweight thus it is highly portable and safely stored without occupying a lot of space
Its heat plate is innovatively designed and coated with a ceramic to ensure uniform heat distribution. The base in combination with the featured auto turn-off is a key step to ensure safety. Indeed, the worktop will not heat up so there are no potential heat-related mishaps.
The temperature is adjustable to 400 degrees Fahrenheit to provide an extensive range for printing different materials. With a heat-press speed, the items get ready efficiently within 60 seconds or even less. Even better the prints last longer despite your frequency of laundry.
16. Power Press Industrial-Quality Digital Sublimation Machine
- Heats fast.
- Wide temperature ranges and use
- LCD display.
- Sometimes jumps from low to extreme heat
- May trip the breaker
- The coating comes off easily.
If you have limited space and yet you need a huge heat printer, then do not further for a machine. The Power Press Industrial-Quality Digital Sublimation Heat Press has many innovative features that make it fit for the job. Besides this is not a new brand in this industry and it has been among the most mentioned units. Equipped with a thick plate made from aluminum it evenly distributes heat.
This model comes with a Teflon coating to prevent ruins on fabrics while printing. Even though it is much smaller in size, it efficiently works and saves power. That means it can be connected to the normal home outlet and not overload the system.
With its wide-ranging temperatures between 0 to 750 degrees, this machine can be used on different items and materials. Even better the materials that need high temperatures to transfer heat will produce amazing results. It heats up within the first 15 minutes and will switch off when the process is finished thanks to the included beeper. The manufacturer provides the confidence of purchase by onboarding user-friendly and necessary controls coupled with a one-year warranty.
Related Article: Best Cricut Machine Reviews
Why Do You Need a Heat Press Machine?
You are a photographer?
Imagine that when you are hired for photos of events or of any kind, in the package that you offer to your prospective client comes the option of choosing the preferred photo and that it is delivered to you in a cup or a shirt, that will give you a differentiator with your competition
Do You Like to Have Your Own Fashion?
Imagine having the right tool so that your unique designs are made by you, when people ask you where you bought them, you will proudly respond that you made them yourself.
Do You Have a Business That Offers a Product or Service?
In any business advertising is important, you can make your brand known by giving away t-shirts to customers or potential customers with the logo of your brand or business.
There are endless possibilities to acquire one of these machines so you should take it easy, read this article and then decide to buy one of the ones that best suits your expectations and start the journey to new horizons.
As you can imagine in this top 10 I will put the ones that were selected after a market search and that fulfilled the necessary characteristics in a Thermal Press .
I invite you to take the time to read each of the options in detail and determine which best suits your needs.
I want in each article, to give you information that is for your total help, I hope that if you have any doubt do not hesitate to do it.
But before … for those who do not know and are wondering what the hell this is, let me give you a brief explanation:
What is a Press Terminates Sublimation?
The presses of this type are thought for different applications, they are used mainly for sublimation, this means that when applying heat and pressure on the printed object we can transfer this image to the material in which it is working whether it is a shirt or any other material of cloth.
Maybe you remember seeing hats that give away with the logo of a company, or at beach parties that give away with some image or letters, with these thermal sublimation presses the possibility of creating it arises, therefore you will have at your disposal endless options creative to use or sell.
If you are in your business with some of this thermal press, when you use it, tell your co-workers that the press was used so that they are prevented and thus avoid serious accidents of burns.
You plan to work at home, with greater caution you must do it, in the same way to warn those who live with you that you used the thermal press and it is at high temperatures, it is recommended that if you have children or small children at home, put the press in a position and height to which they do not have access.
Do You Know The Story Where This Press Came From?
For from the Egyptian, Greek and Roman civilizations, manuscript copies to the modern press have been many factors that influenced so that today we had this type of printing methods.
In China, thanks to the need to make copies of the Buddhist prayers, this evolution had a great influence, creating a search for more suitable writing materials since the papyrus and parchment were too fragile and fine.
Now that we have been able to relate our products with history, I tell you that I have professional studies in business and marketing area and for various studies, research that we have carried out we determined that the gifts that are given with logos such as shirts mostly or caps generates a sense of loyalty in consumers of 70% of the total number of consumers.
As an expert in marketing, I am convinced that creating a bond between the client and the brand, not only the product but also the brand, which allows that as soon as you want to bring new products to the market, this sense will allow the clients to not hesitate to try your new products.
From this article I would like in the conclusions, write you some ideas or business advice that you can apply yourself, any questions or suggestions you want to make of this section, I will gladly answer
As a business advice, when you go to buy work equipment, many times we think that saving a few pesos is something that will benefit the company or the business, but ends up being the opposite for that, always think that invest a little more than money to your business or company regarding the work team, it will give you better and longer lasting results.
As soon as you start and want to open a business that eventually starts to be profitable, I recommend you print one or two work samples, so that when you or your salesperson decides to visit clients they have physical work to show, remember that the customer is more open to accept when you see the work done, that only if you ask him to visualize it.
Your business is already on track and what you want is to expand the offers in your product catalog, you must expand your machinery, so you can do a variety of jobs, making your potential customers prefer you to the competition.
If you liked this article I hope you leave me your comment and any doubt do not wait any longer and you can do it.
I hope you can make the best decision and enjoy your purchase !!!
5 Mistakes to Avoid for a Successful Heat Printed T-Shirt
Mistakes sometimes happen during heat printing. While some errors are unavoidable many are errors you could have prevented.
Indeed, the last thing you need in your t-shirt printing business is a spoilt order caused by the mistakes you or your employees made.
One thing is sure, no customer will be happy to pay for your mistakes, so for the sake of your business and long-lasting relationship with your customers, pay attention to the following five mistakes so that you can avoid them.
- Not maintaining your heat press: Any good business operator knows that one of the keys to a successful business is efficiently functioning tools. Optimally performing heat presses are vital to your t-shirt printing business. If you do not maintain your heat press, you run the risk of losing orders, suffering downtime while you wait on repair s, and increased expenses. By all indications, not maintaining your heat press is a costly mistake that must be avoided. To get the most out of your heat press and to keep your t-shirt printing operation going, examine your heat press every six months to confirm its accuracy in pressure and temperature. A quick and easy pressure check is to place pieces of paper on your platen, lock it, then try to pull the papers out. If you pull the papers out, it means your heat press does not have consistent pressure. To check the accuracy of the temperature in your heat press, use a temperature gun. Carry out regular maintenance of your heat presses to address operational issues.
- Not following instructions: You have a large t-shirt order and are eager and raring to go. You think with your experience in t-shirt printing nothing could go wrong. Instructions are for idiots! Not following guidelines, however, is a common mistake people make. In the t-shirt printing business, failure to follow specific instructions will inevitably cost you big time. Each transfer type has its set of instructions which you need to follow. Carefully follow instructions on the timing, pressure, temperature, and peel of the heat printing process. Get any of these factors wrong, and your t-shirt printing job is ruined! To avoid this mistake, follow the instructions given for each transfer type, the fabric you are working with, and the operating instructions for your heat press or other equipment. Accurate application of instructions will result in successful heat printing jobs.
- Not pressing the apparel beforehand: This is a step that is often skipped. The results are usually shown in a heat transfer that bubbles or lifts after only a short time. Pressing the t-shirt or garment beforehand is a necessary step to remove moisture. You might not feel it necessary since your garment feels dry, but when you press it, you will be surprised at the moisture you can remove. To do so, close your heat press on a blank t-shirt and apply heat for around three to five seconds. You may need extra time for heavier fabrics. Watch the steam rise as the moisture is removed.
- Damaging the fabrics: This is a mistake that is quite obvious when it occurs. Your fabric is scorched, burnt, melted, or otherwise damaged. Of course, such damage to your customer’s order can be quite costly. You would not want to experience this. It is important to remember that each type of fabric melts at different points. Specific materials require lower temperatures for heat transfer to work. With this knowledge, you can avoid the mistake of placing a low-temperature fabric under high-temperature settings. For example, polypropylene and nylon melt at a lower temperature and 100% polyester will scorch and become shiny because it is quite heat sensitive. It is, therefore, a good practice to test the fabric before you produce the large order heat printing job.
- Being distracted: Another disastrous mistake to avoid is being distracted while you are heat printing. You might be distracted by a customer, a phone call, or any other interruption to your heat printing process. If you lose your focus while doing the heat transfer operation, you are bound to make a few mistakes. Reduce the distractions so that they do not affect your progress. To reduce distractions, you need to set aside dedicated time for heat printing. Get someone to assist you with the other tasks so that you can concentrate on your t-shirt printing.
So, there you are! These five mistakes can affect your t-shirt printing business, but you can avoid or fix them. Of course, other mistakes not included in this list can affect your business as well. The good news is, mistakes can be avoided or minimized. Use these tips to avoid making these mistakes to complete your t-shirt printing orders.
We have reached the end of article 10 heat sublimation presses in amazon 2021 , we have seen 10 very good options in the market whether you dedicate to this as something specific, that your business is the role of printers or that you want to acquire it to create material as a gift for customers or prospects, here you will surely find your option.
How to Use Your Heat Transfer Machine
Now that you have chosen your best sublimation printer and have brought it home, you may wish to review certain tips on how to use it. Certainly, once you know how to use and care for your t shirt sublimation machine, you’ll get the most out of it for a long time. No matter what kind of t shirt sublimation machine you purchase, there are a few common similarities in how they operate.
Turning the unit on is as simple as flipping an on/off switch. Next, you set your thermostat by adjusting the knob until you see the red heating light. As soon as the thermometer shows you the temperature you have set for the transfer, return the knob to the original position. The heating light will flick on and off to regulate the desired temperature.
Raise the handle to open the heating press and lay out your material and transfer paper. Be sure to place the transfer paper face down on your material. Lower the handle to lock it in place. Set your timer to the instructions on the transfer paper. For machines equipped with a digital timer, select the timer to set the time until you hear the alarm. Stop it from resetting. Once completed, lift the handle and open the press. Remove the transfer paper from your material. Wait at minimum 24 hours to allow the transfer to “lock” before you can put it in water.
Here are some other recommendations on how to use your purchase from the best sublimation printer for T-shirt on the market:
- Find a suitable location to place it. You can put it somewhere that you can easily access it from all sides. This will make your work much more efficient and smoother. Whether your best sublimation printer machine is a clamshell or a swing-away design avoid areas that restrict your workflow using it. The less cluttered and restrictive the workspace is, the better. Another consideration in choosing is stability. As much as possible avoid uneven floor surfaces. If this cannot be avoided, find a way to adjust it to compensate for the uneven surface.
- Before you apply any transfer to your fabric material, stretch or press it out first. Pressing your material first will remove any moisture that may be caught in the item during storage or transit. Once you press the material you’ll find it much easier to make your transfers to it. Unsightly cracks and wrinkles will also be avoided when you do this step.
- To avoid unintentionally burning your material, test different heat and time settings on an old shirt first. This way you will find the best settings for the material you’ll be using. Of course, if you already know the appropriate time and heat settings, you may skip this step. To be on the safe side, however, it’s a good idea to test your settings anyway, just in case your heat press acts up.
- You may also need to select the most appropriate vinyl for the transfer you will be doing. While there are so many vinyl options to choose from, carefully consider which one you will be using for your project so that you may buy the right one. Not all vinyl work well with the time and heat settings you are comfortable with, so careful review of your vinyl options is necessary. You may find that certain vinyl is recommended for use with your particular machine and materials.
- Another thing you may want to check for is the heating surface – to make sure that when you place your item it is flat and evenly distributed. While the fault is not necessarily with the machine’s heating surface itself, you will need to ensure that the material you will be transferring to is flat, straight, and smoothly laid out. Avoid lumps and seams when making your transfers. One trick you can use to make sure your T-shirt is straight is to align the tag. The best operation is when the top and the bottom heating surfaces are perfectly aligned and closed.
- A step most first-time users might not have considered is testing the print before applying it on the T-shirt. The need to test your print is more pertinent when you consider how expensive transfer paper is. Testing the design on regular paper first to check for errors, misalignments, and other goofs will save you valuable transfer paper for the real job. Also, to be absolutely sure of the final results, first test your transfer on a piece of material or old shirt that you will discard.
How To Take Care of Your Printing Machine
- Your work area should be free of dust for your sublimation machine to work more effectively. Clean your work area frequently. Every few months you may also use an air duster to clean the electrical areas of your sublimation machine.
- Keep your upper platen clean of excess residues or inks. This you can do with a moist, soft flannel or cloth once or twice per month. You can clean off the melted ink while the press is still hot. Don’t burn yourself! If that is not possible, or it doesn’t work, turn off the machine and wait for it to cool down before using a household surface cleaner or recommended solvent to wipe the ink off. Never use metal scrapers or abrasive scrubs to clean the heating elements on your machine. To avoid ink and another residue in the first place, use a cover sheet or a flexible pad to protect the upper platen.
- Prevent wear and tear on your sublimation printing machine by using a lower platen cover. You can follow the instructions on how to use these covers effectively. But, how would you know when your machine is wearing out? Apart from the obvious signs of wear on the high-temperature silicone rubber pad – the low patches on the edges or in the center – you can periodically check for other signs of wear. One simple check is to put paper strips at each corner of the pad and lock your heat platen. Pull out each paper strip. If you can easily pull these strips with the press locked, it’s a sign that your pad is becoming worn. A worn pad will not allow pressure to be applied evenly. To solve this problem, purchase replacement pad kits from your manufacturer.
- Apply grease to rods at the pivot or hinge that are exposed on your t shirt machine at least twice per year. Grease the pressure adjustment spindles and units as well. Lubricating these components with recommended high-temperature lithium grease will keep your machine operating efficiently and rust free. Be careful, however, to apply the grease lightly to avoid soiling the garments and materials you will be transferring to.
- It is important to always use the power cord that is supplied with your t shirt machine and avoid using a substitute. Your t shirt sublimation machine is a high demand unit which relies on a stable supply of power so voltage and other safety issues must be carefully observed. To avoid fires, do not place your power cord on or near hot surfaces. Keep your power cord in good condition.
- Examine your printing sublimation machine at least once per year to check for cold spots. The ability to distribute heat evenly is vital for the effective operation.
- Keep spare parts around. Of course, this may sound like a no-brainer, but for some brands, it is normal to expect wear and tear on certain parts, especially if the press is heavily used. You certainly cannot afford to wait for a replacement part to arrive at your shop to continue your production. Common parts that may go bad from time to time include circuit breakers, switches (on/off), gas springs, and even control boards.
Our reviews have taken you through our recommendations for T Shirt Printing that will suit your personal or commercial purposes. We have also shown you a few tips on how to use and care for your new T Shirt sublimation Machine. By now you would have identified the best Machine for your purposes and are now ready to launch your next project. There are so many things you can do with the right heat press machine, and you will be satisfied with the heat press options we have presented to you.