It doesn’t matter how big or small your company is—a work ID or badge is a must-have if you want to create fast-hand customer relations. Badges are an easy way to track employees in the company, holding each other accountable. They also enhance security, inculcate confidence in employees, and act as an efficient way to promote a company’s brand.
However, your company’s badge will only stand out when displayed properly. For this reason, you may need a badge holder, not only to keep the badges in place but also to safeguard them from grime and dirt. Anti-print transfer holders also protect from direct sunlight, hence minimizing cases of fading from UV rays.
The scope of company badges extends to corporate events such as trade fairs, seminars, and conventions. Here, we’ve detailed 10 premium badges that are versatile, sturdy, aesthetically appealing, and likely to fall in your bracket needs.
Top Picks : 5 Best Id Badge Holder
10 Best Id Badge Holder Reviews- 2021
1. 2 Pack Heavy Duty Retractable Badge Holders
When choosing a badge for everyday use, the seams and reinforcements should be sturdy and compact for longevity. This badge by Will Well features a top-of-the-edge construction that consists of redesigned clip reel and a carabiner clip. Once attached to the badge, the clip fits snugly, making sure that your badge does not fall off. The cord is made exclusively of solid nylon that is easy to pull and retractable. The cord’s material is a KEVLAR, a premium quality grade perfect at resisting daily wear and tear. This badge should last you more than three years under proper care.
Overall, the clip, reel, and cord weigh only 3.5 Oz, making it your ideal bet when looking for something that will not weigh you down. It also has keys that are attachable on purse straps, pockets, backpacks, clips on belts, and anywhere you’d like to display your badge. More importantly, this product comes with a vertical style card holder that measures 2.52″ W x 3.58″ L. It is perfect for holding up to three credit cards at once, giving you extra room for emptying your wallet.
- Heavy-duty holder
- Upgraded and reinforced construction
- It comes with 2 pcs
- Have zip seams that open at the top to fit into the sleeve
- Very lightweight for easy portability
- Easily scans on the barcode for security
- It comes with a secure slot for your company badge
- The metal ring and clip make it a turn-off on metal detectors.
2. ELV Badge Holder with Zipper
For a basic everyday badge holder with additional rooms for other cards, ELV is a top choice. With 1 clear window for Id, 1 open slot for the card, 1 RFID blocked cash slot, and 3 other covered slots at the back, this holder is everything you need as an alternative to your wallet. Even more, the slot for cash is zipped to ensure you don’t lose your dime easily. Each slot is even more significant to stash in more than one card or additional cash without becoming too bulky.
This cardholder is made of premium leather and comes in black color that guarantees apex professionalism. The PU leather, combined with top-grade materials for the zip, makes this product durable for years of use. It perfectly accommodates ID badges, driver’s licenses, debit cards, laundry cards, student IDs, and a lot more. This holder measures 4.8 “L x 3.5″ W and has a 20” lanyard that runs around its body for fitting on the sleeves. This way, you can use it for professional business displays in private or government offices, airports, and any other place that requires employees’ recognition.
- Easy to get the card out
- It comes with multiple slots for various cards
- It made from PU leather and has a safe side zipper and back closer
- It has a clear cover to ensure visibility and protection
- The lanyard is strong enough for years of use
- The RFID card slot is highly secure for your cash and card
- Versatile for use with any identity and work card
- With no coin, it is fairly lightweight
- The zippered pocket is not sealed hence not waterproof.
3. Specialist ID Badge Holder
If you want nothing less than a secure room for your badge and maybe two cards, the specialist vertical is your go-to. This card comes with two rooms, a front room with a clear window for ID and one room at the back for two cards. It is made with a rigid and rugged polycarbonate body that withstands falls and wear, ensuring it lasts years. What we like most about this cardholder is it’s incredibly thin body. The notch in its design makes it an ideal bet when looking for a minimalist holder that won’t expand to hoard more unnecessaries.
Thanks to its heavy-duty neck cord lanyard, this holder is easy to attach and detach. It makes using your cards a breeze by simply pressing the clasp to detach the keychain. At the back it has a dual thumb lever that slides up to swipe your card or RFID. While the slot for the ID is made of a metal body to protect it against wear and tear. This wallet gives the otherwise understated visual intrigues that miss in overly stitched leathers and nylons.
- It is made from rigid and rugged polycarbonate plastic
- It has a visible display for picture ID
- A detachable keychain
- It can hold more cards
- The front window is visible enough for security scanning
- Hold securely up to three cards simultaneously
- Easy to attach and detach on and off the neck, respectively
- The sturdy body makes for cutting-edge card safety
- The spot at the top where the clip latches are thin—can easily snap.
4. KEYLION 10 Heavy Duty ID Card Badge Holder
In this era where wallets are increasingly growing in size, minimalist cardholders become staple fashion statements, especially men. This badge and ID card holder by Key Lion comes in a luxurious classical design with restrained compact glamour. It measures 4.6″ L and 2.81″ W, with an inner dimension of 3.54″ L and 2.6″ W. The thickness is single-layered—measuring only 0.44 mm, about 60% thinner than a standard holder. Conversely, the inner part consists of three overlapping compartments for IDs, cards, and cash.
At the top of the holder are two holes for dual hanging. The middle slot accommodates a standard-sized lanyard, retractable carabiner reel clip, or a keychain. Since the body comes entirely in plastic, this card does not fold, break, or distort even when it falls. It resists low temperatures and wears and tears, making it perfect for years of use. Plus, it is non-toxic and does not produce any smell.
- Constructed from durable PVC material
- It is wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant
- It lasts for long
- Dual-use hanging slot
- Wider edges will prevent the holder from breaking
- A sturdy plastic body that last years
- Works best under low temperatures of up to -30 degrees Celsius
- Non-metallic body ideal for constant security check
- It comes with a clear window for easy ID and Badge scanning
- Not acid-resistant
5. Retractable ID Badge Holder
The retractable ID badge Holder by MHERE has been designed in assortments of striking colors for top-notch appeal. To start with, the top head comes flowered to take your fashion to the next level. Whether you adorn a casual clothing or office suit, the classical images come in handy any time to supplement the outfit. At the middle of the reel and the top is a retractable white joint connecting to the metallic clip. Not only is the joint durable, but it also extends in length, making it easy to reach out to your ID or badge.
The reel is snap-designed so that you can fit it on the clip with just a flick. Also, it features a metallic body that is rust-resistant and durable. Once you have set this badge holder, use the alligator clip to attach the badge in place; it won’t slip or fall off. You can as well remove the badge effortless off the clip without too much force. Unlike most badge holders currently in the market, the epoxy’s sparkling design makes this product a perfect gift for anyone. Buy and gift it to your work colleague, and you’ll see your relationship spruce a bunch.
- Made from high-quality material
- Easy to scan the ID in and out
- Ideal gift for friends and colleague
- Beautiful epoxy head ideal for use in supplementing fashion
- Sturdily built with metallic reel and clip for years of use
- Suitable for both casual and office use
- Lightweight for portability
- The clip starts stiff
6. Lanyard with id Holder Cute lanyards
There is always something off-putting in most cardholders with storage compartments; they can weigh you down. Well, if that is your worry, you need to try a strip-like lanyard with only the hooked end. This product is not much of your typical cardholder; it is more of a string with an attachment at the end where you can clasp your card. It makes sure you cut any additional weight as possible, remaining only with your card dangling on your neck.
This cardholder comes in various patterns and styles so that you can find your perfect match. It also features assortments of shades such as blue, black marble, black, green, dark blue, and a lot more. For women, flowered variants with dots of pink, yellow, or beige can melt your heart. Plus, the quality is top-notch since the lanyard remains in shape even with years of use. In the end, the metallic clip is finished, also in assortments of color, to protect against rust and fade from UV light. Overall, the polyester wand making the lanyard measures 17 inches in length and 0.75 in width. It is also comfortable against the skin.
- Unique and colorful designs
- They come in various styles of decorative color pattern
- Made of durable polyester material
- Lightweight and comfortable strap
- Come in both styles for men and women
- Ideal for use with all cards
- Long enough for use in employee identification
- The polyester lanyard is durable enough for longevity
- Does not have compartments for securing your IDs and Badges
7. ID Stronghold – RFID Blocking Secure Badge Holder
Of all the RFID Blocking badge holders we’ve tested, this variant by ID Stronghold seems the most versatile. It will protect your card, accommodate two other IDs, store cash, and most importantly, hold your office badge securely. The body is made of polycarbonate plastic that is durable enough to protect your IDs from breaking even with extreme falls. And if you need something that will last you years, then this RFID blocking badge holder is your ideal bet.
However, attaining the versatility level in this card doesn’t mean it should compromise the size and design. It comes in a slim and sleek body that measures 4 x 2.38 x 0.31 inches. It also weighs only 0.71 pounds, so you won’t worry about the cardholder becoming a heavy mound around your neck. Additionally, the cardholder comes in a range of colors around the edges, including black, red, orange, yellow, indigo, purple, white, and many more. Choose any color from the list, and it will complement your office dress and bring about the needed professional look.
- It is RFID shielded
- Sturdy and durable
- Slim design
- Conveniently carry two key cards
- Made in the USA
- Protects from RFID, grime, and dirt
- Durable body for years of use
- It comes with three compartments for cards and IDs
- The back is transparent for easy security scans
- The plastic attachment for the lanyard is thinner and can easily snap.
8. 2 Pack Badge Holders, Vertical PU Leather ID Badge Card Holder
If you are the sort of person that wishes to cultivate a unique culture of demeanor, then pairing your cardholder to your fashion style is the best way to go. Black leather wallets have not only proved to be reliable, but they also add the cherry top you need to finalize your formality at the workplace. This cardholder comes all black to mix professionalism into modern fashion, making it ideal for daily use, conventions, and trade fairs. It comes with a matching lanyard that does a good job, displaying your ID or badge in the most appropriate and accessible manner.
Longevity is not a question with this badge since it is made of premium leather to withstand wrinkles and rips, especially at the seam. The reinforcement is also PU leather, adding more stability and sturdiness. The badge comes in 2.83″x4.33″ to hold up to three standard badges. It is also perfect for use with school IDs, a Driving License, a gym pass, and many more. In case you want a lanyard long enough, the nylon string attached to this badge measures 18.7″ long, making it your ideal.
- Made of sturdy and durable material
- It comes with 2 badge holders, 1 detachable neck strap, and a badge reel with a belt clip.
- The ID compartment is clear for security scanning
- The Lanyard length is perfect for adults
- The badge holder is versatile for use with various IDs
- It comes in a flawless sturdy body
- It comes with only one slot
9. Life-Mate Badge Holder
Sometimes, the only thing that can spruce your confidence at the workplace is a dazzling cardholder with a dressing style to match. This badge by Life Mate is an aficionado choice made of a masterpiece design for unrivaled appeal. It falls in a nobility league for its premium-grade leather body that does not wrinkle, tear, or fade. Plus, it comes with a black color that exudes an official feel and texture. As minimalist as it seems, it comes packed with 1 security button and other 2 secure slots for excess cards. At the back is a transparent ID window that allows for easy scanning or identification of the cardholder.
The lanyard measures 19 inches, making it ideal for hanging around the neck for a near-perfect display. Whereas the holder measures 4.33″ L x 2.75″ W to fit any standard office badge. You can also use it to keep your school ID, credit card, work ID, and a lot more. When you break the package open, you’ll find 1 neck lanyard, 1 retractable reel, 1 belt clip, and 1 holder.
- It is made of durable PU leather
- Easier to access
- Easy to attach to your clothes, backpacks, and purses
- The package includes 1 badge holder, 1 neck lanyard, 1 badge reel with belt clip
- It fits in the front and back pocket
- Lightweight for portability
- Finished in premium-grade linen for added beauty
- Accommodates up to three cards
- Priced a bit higher than most cardholders
10. GOVO Badge Holder/Wallet
Being suave, authentic, and auspicious may sometimes mean choosing a refined badge holder whose design stands out. Well, from start to finish, this badge holder by GOVO sounds mystique legendary, making it perfect for bosses who want a unique taste. It comes in a range of colors–black, blue, purple, and tan–makes it even more ideal for customization. However, its complicated design and appeal don’t bury its sleekness, as it only measures 2 mm thick. Also, it weighs only 1.4 Oz, making it your go-to variant for business vacation and corporate trips.
The body is exclusively made of durable polycarbonate and secured with steel fasteners for durability. Attached to it is a metal clip that buckles on surfaces such as the back pocket, backpack, and many more. Even more, the badge holder comes with a keychain that is perfect for holding your office keys. The badge compartment is spring-loaded and roomy enough to accommodate up to 3 badges simultaneously.
- Durable and lightweight
- It features a patented spring-loaded card holding system
- It has a metal clip to allow you to carry your ID in your pocket, lanyard, belt, backpack, and key chain.
- It can accommodate 4 cards
- Made in the USA
- Seamless aesthetic appeal for corporate use
- The stable and durable body makes for years of use
- It fits nicely on the palm due to its slip-free body
- The steel clip also applies as a cash holder
- Some scanners will not read your badge in this holder
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Badge Holder
If you are planning to purchase a badge holder, these are the features to consider:
You need to keep in mind the size since carrying a hefty badge holder can be heavy, and a smaller one can’t meet your storage needs. You should buy one as per your needs and preferences. For outdoor use, a larger badge holder will serve the purpose. It stores all your cards safely and neatly. For office use, consider a smaller one. It is necessary to check the width, height, and length before buying one.
In terms of comfort, you need to focus on adjustability. Most lanyard wallets come with adjustable lengths to allow you to get comfortable in the neck. Plus, some also come with a slider lock with a length of up to 20 inches. Interestingly, an adjustable lanyard can match all neck sizes.
- Compartments and pockets
The size and number of pockets will determine how well you can organize your cards. Most badge holders come with spacious interior compartments to allow you to accommodate large cards with ease. Besides, you will realize most badge holders are equipped with a front ID window to allow easy and quick access to cards.
If it is for outdoor use, consider buying a badge holder with multiple compartments. They allow you to store ID and other documents. The cards are stored on a transparent plastic screen.
Badge holders come in a variety of colors. Since they are affordable and easy to make, you will be able to purchase what suits your style and mood. You will find the badge holders in multiple colors.
- Additional Features
You should consider a badge holder with additional features to gain maximum benefits. Some lanyard wallets come with a quick-release buckle to guarantee the security of your belongings. A spring-loaded system helps to keep your cards and documents stay safe inside. Moreover, you should consider a design which will suit your needs and preferences. Also, some badge holders come in anti-slip designs for stability.
Why do we need to wear an ID?
- It can serve as a personal ID in case of emergencies
Your employee ID can serve as a personal ID card in case of an emergency, including accident or medical, or robbery. Most of these IDs have personal information about the employee, including contact addresses.
- Access purpose
The ID provides authorization for you to enter a building, an event, or a network. The card can authorize the borrowing of media and purchase transactions and provide other documents reports needed.
The ID card displays professionalism. The card has all the employee’s details wearing the badge necessary for their company position.
The ID card helps document and authorize people in a place at a specific time. Cards can be programmed not to allow access to people at a particular time. The employees will feel safe when limited people are allowed to their location.
The ID card acts as a resource for visual inspection to ensure only authorized personnel are entering the premises. Companies can also track employees and visitors who enter and exit the place.
In the busy corporate world, it is the little things that matter. Setting your brand apart starts from choosing the best badge that augurs well with your brand statements. You are now enlightened on the key features to look out for and the premium models of badges to consider.
If you want something unique as a boss, the GOVO badge (the last on the list) will make you stand out. Conversely, if you want something simple–like a strand to keep your badge in place–The Lanyard with ID has you covered. But if you care about RFID blocking, ID Stronghold comes as a top priority. In case you are still undecided, you can re-read the piece again to make a viable decision. Happy shopping!